Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Adonde?





How much am I loving my new Adonde ceramics? A lot. I first came across their designs at a great boutique in williamsburg, ny called MC&Co, and then came across them at the Bon Marche during our wedding registry outing. This was exciting and I wanted to put all of their ceramic dish collection down on the list but it was clearly not the most practical idea--although I may end up slowly adding on as the time goes by. Their products are all about modular configurations-lids, bowls, vases, plates, cups, pots that can be interchanged, stacked on set alone and just look great. When I finally googled them I was sort of pleased to learn that they work on my street in Paris! I walked by of course, but no storefront, so it must be tucked away in the building. very random however. We are happy to now have this ceramic teapot and two mugs as well as a salad bowl all in the creamy sandy tones. Adonde is the brainchild of a Spanish-French design duo: Javier Gutierrez Carcache and Laurent Serin. They also make wooden utensils, funky wooden vases, a great fruit bowl, and clearly the spanish influence, a hammock. They sell worldwide. Check it out. www.adonde.fr

No comments: