Monday, December 8, 2008

Jeanette Winterson




I had the great pleasure to see the author Jeanette Winterson read from her early novel, The Passion, on Saturday, at Shakespeare + Co. It was truly one of the best readings I have ever been to and feel lucky to have attended. Winterson is an author who is always on my list of "to read," but somehow, I never bought a book and did so. I now realize my error. Fortunately, I can now start to benefit fully from her gift, and perhaps it will be even better after glimpsing her personality and incredible reading performance. Her website is pretty fun as well. www.jeanettewinterson.com/index.asp

Sorry for the bad photo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, it must have been so much fun! I love that bookstore, and a great reading too... féerique!

Anonymous said...

why in the world did Jeanette Winterson come all the way to S & Co just to read her super ancient novel instead of her latest?
Weird.